Home   Forums   Photos   Links   Account   F.A.Q.
Sound Off   

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Donations   

Anonymous - $100.00
03/10/2014

Anonymous - $100.00
03/10/2014

winnipegjets - $25.00
02/28/2014

Anonymous - $25.00
02/28/2014

Bumpsy - $50.00
10/22/2013

Anonymous - $50.00
10/22/2013

dfoster - $25.00
03/04/2013

winnipegjets - $25.00
12/15/2012

winnipegjets - $25.00
12/15/2012

blaster - $25.00
05/14/2012

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Hacker Beware   

You have been warned!
We have caught 3476 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm) 2.5.17

Search for at
PPCLI.ca Advanced Search

PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    PPCLI.ca Forum Index -> Current Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3VP_Highlander
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:38 am Post subject: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

Fellow Patricia's

I have a copy of a survey ref the Regiment's plans for the 100th.   Here is the preamble.  I will find out if we can post the entire survey on this site.

VP

Paul

GENERAL

1. PPCLI will be 100 years old on 10 August 2014.  To mark this unique occasion, a full set of programmes has been developed that will celebrate “A Century of Service to Canada”.

2. Importantly, PPCLI shares its anniversary year with R22eR, and with the anniversary of Canada going to war in 1914 and all that this entails.  Hence, while PPCLI has developed a regimental plan that is regimental-centric, it will work actively to coordinate and be a logical part of the other, wider activities that will mark the centennial of World War I.

PURPOSE

3. To outline the PPCLI plan for its centennial.

REGIMENTAL AIM

4. To celebrate with the nation the 100th Anniversary of PPCLI.  This implies an active sharing of the history and capabilities of PPCLI with the community within Canada that will find strength in our service.

PROGRAMMES

5. In planning for the 100th Anniversary, all activities and events have been conceived under six major programmes that were first expressed and agreed in a broad National Instruction that brought all components of the Regiment together to plan the Anniversary in detail.  The six programmes of the 100th Anniversary will be:
a. Command, Control and Co-ordination Programme – “Organize Effectively”,
b. Public Information Programme – “Front and Centre”,
c. Returns Programme – “Visit Our Roots”,
d. Memorial Programme – “Honour Our Past”,
e. Nation’s Capital Programme – “A National Regiment”, and
f. National Reunion Programme – “The Family Together”.
In planning, there are five Stages across which these programmes unfurl with their approximately 50 activities and discrete events. A graphic representation of the execution stages of the 100th Anniversary is at the end of this summary.

6. The Anniversary Period has been set as 6 August 2014 to 8 May 2015.  This incorporates our Founder’s offer to the Government to raise a Regiment for overseas duty (6 August), the signing of the charter (10 August), the assembly at Lansdowne Park in Ottawa and the presentation of the first Camp Colour (23 August), and the principal events leading to the decisive battle at Frezenberg, 8 May 2015.

7. In execution, there are to be three major events (the triad) connected by a Torch Campaign.  In summary these are:

a. National Reunion, 6-10 August 2014, Edmonton AB.  The aim is: to bring the Patricia family together in one place and at one time to celebrate our 100th anniversary.  The Reunion contains an All Colours Trooping, social, sporting, memorial and arts events.
b. Ottawa Commemoration, 17-21 September 2014, Ottawa, ON.  The aim is: to assemble the Regimental family in the birthplace of the PPCLI in order to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of our founding and to rededicate ourselves to the service of Canada.  The Commemoration includes ceremonial, social, memorial, arts and rededication events.
c. Frezenberg 2015, 4-10 May 2015, Europe. The aim is: to mark the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Frezenberg, 8 May 1915, known regimentally as the Death of the Originals.  This activity will return representative groups of the Regiment to a memorial site that still plays a role in defining the character of PPCLI.  It will include social, memorial and military history, and will hopefully be tied in to wider remembrances of the early battles of World War I.
d. Torch Campaign.  In the National Reunion, a Centennial Torch will be lighted and presented at the Dedication Service from the Association to a soldier of the Regiment, who will with other soldiers carry it to the National Parade of Rededication in Ottawa during the Ottawa Commemoration, where the torch will be passed and shared with the nation and with the Antecedents of the Originals.  It will then be taken to Frezenberg, where it will be used in that ceremony.  The Centennial Torch will then be returned to Edmonton and mounted somewhere in the Garrison.

8. In support of these events and in order to spread awareness of PPCLI and its Anniversary, the Public Information Programme is a key component.  To make it effective, two major capabilities will be developed, which will operate both alone and together to inform Canadians:

a. Regimental Corps of Drums.  This volunteer band will be formed in 2013 and will tour and promote the Regiment throughout 2013 and 2014; and
b. Centennial Display Team.  A Display Team(s) will tour western Canada and elsewhere in separate regions in 2013 and 2014.  The Team will be compact will and include an Association presence, and will demonstrate the current operational capabilities of the Regiment. Using briefings, active displays and equipment, the Team will visit many cities and events, mainly in Western Canada.

SUPPORTING THE ANNIVERSARY

9. To achieve the aims of the 100th Anniversary Plan, PPCLI will need the support of Government of Canada Departments and agencies, other Regiments, private sponsors and its own members.  The Plan will, in toto, be self-financing, in that it cannot impoverish the Regiment and its components.  To make this a fact will require significant fundraising internally and externally, and commitments from Army and Canadian Forces levels.  There will be significant interest in what the Regiment does in 2013-2015 from all levels of Canadian society, and the Regiment will share in the broader awareness by our Government and its people of the great history that was started a century earlier.  The legacy will be a much renewed sense of place for PPCLI and its broad family in Canada.

PA Hale
3 VP 76 - 81, 87 - 91
Battle School 81 - 84
ERE 91 - 06
RSBrush
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:40 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

I read over what you sent me Paul. I see no reason why we cant post it here. It is pretty much a public document. Also it should be very important to all members here and we should all plan to attend. Only death would keep me from the 100th.

Scott Brush
2VP 82-89
Whitey
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:57 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

Somebody put a lot of time into this plan.  Looks pretty good and comprehensive and is well written.

One anomoly I notice is the fifth of the six programmes promotes a National Regiment however the Corps of drums promotional tour will be mainly in the west which suggests a western Regiment...probably a budgetary consideration.

Only death will keep me away regardless.

Ian
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:11 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

Cool...The drum line will rock....Sure hope they don't wear those new snare harnesses...Rather faggish IMHO. They need to wear the traditional shoulder harness....Shit, I'm getting picky in my old age! icon_lol

Great to see the event unfolding. I look forward to being there.... icon_salute

Cheers,
Rich

Lead me not into Temptation.. Just follow me, I know a shortcut.

3VP-Vic, 82 -88
SaltyDog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:19 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

I'm planning to attend, as my Grandfather joined the Regiment when it was 11 months old ! July 28th,1915 icon_salute
Beak
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

Retirement is getting to you guys. LOL  icon_lol

I'll be there; even if Linda has to take my ashes.  icon_salute

3 VP 72 - 81
ERE 81-85
CME 85-92
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

I think its still to early to drift back into the 100th....

Ok, now we can go back on topic!  icon_lol  icon_cheesygrin

Foolish question, but where is this event occuring? Edmonton?

Cheers,
Rich

Lead me not into Temptation.. Just follow me, I know a shortcut.

3VP-Vic, 82 -88
Hoff
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:50 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

There will also be a web-site set up for anyone that wishes any kind of an in-house reunion, ie some of the ones mentioned at the 95th were Vince Kennedy's Coy from 2PP Yugo tour (can't remember if it was B or C, hazy) BadenBayonet Rugby Team etc. this will be part of the 100th web-site.  So anyone that want a get together in 2014 it can happen.  Keep watching for the site to open.

Cheers

Don
2 VP 71-81, 85-90
Btl Sch 81-85, 90-94
JamesM
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:57 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

I guess we cannot stay on topic!!!

If you haven't figured it out yet Paul, most of us suffer from ADHD, and the reason you can tell that is simple because of the .....oh look a butterfly!

Cheers,
James

2VP
79-84
3VP_Highlander
shoulder_flash.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 am Post subject: Re: PPCLI 100 th Anniversary Plans Reply with quote

Rich

Reread para 7 at the start of this thread.

If you PM me your email, I will send you the entire survey.

Paul

PA Hale
3 VP 76 - 81, 87 - 91
Battle School 81 - 84
ERE 91 - 06
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view PPCLI.ca Forum Index ->  Current Events Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: